Sunday, October 27, 2013

K. L. Platt

K. L. Platt

If This is Wrong

 




If This Is Wrong

As children, Thomas and Caleb formed an unlikely friendship, which has
 continued through tragedies and celebrations and into manhood. They have
 grown together over the years, but now their relationship is changing into 
something more. Can their bond survive the challenges that life will bring them?
 Is it wrong to risk everything for the chance of something more?

Excerpt


“Why would you say that? I’m here ‘cause you’re my friend. It’s not like you did 
it on purpose.” Thomas couldn’t look at his friend. What would he think if he knew he had kind of done it on purpose? All he had wanted to do was get muddy so he could change his stupid clothes; now he had spoiled everything.

“Tommy?” Caleb enquired.

“I’m sorry, it’s all my fault; I just didn’t want you to see me like this.” He winced, pulling on his now dusty clothes.

Caleb didn’t understand what Thomas was saying. See him like what? 

“Tommy?”

“Look at me, Caleb, I’m dressed like I’m going to church, not a picnic. I want to be in jean shorts, like you, and baseball shirts,” he whispered, so his father couldn’t hear him. “I don’t want this stupid Brylcreem in my hair...I want it messy.” Thomas slammed his good hand onto the car seat, sending a shockwave through his injured one.

“Tommy, I don’t care what you wear. I’m not your friend for your dress sense; I’m your friend because you're funny and smart.” Caleb looked towards Benjamin and he swore he saw his mouth turn up at the corner.

Two hours later, they arrived at the park, with Thomas sporting a very smart blue cast on his arm. His father hadn’t argued when he was asked whether he wanted a plain one or a coloured one. Polly fussed over her son, saying she wished they had indeed used a plain one. Benjamin winked at his son and they laughed.



K. L. Platt lives with her family in the Devonshire countryside in the UK. She is a
 nanny, but her dream is to be a full time author. She can’t remember a time 
when she didn’t have a pencil, pen, or book in her hand. It was, however, the 
likes of J K Rowling and Stephenie Meyer that gave her the fire to drive herself 
to where she is today.

Always encouraged to follow her dream as a child by her own parents and 
grandparents, her grandma told her, “If you believe you can do it, then you 
can.” Her uncle was also a writer but sadly never got to have any of his stories 
published.



Karen's Tour Schedule:

10/23: Lorenz – Promo/Excerpt
10/24: N. Wood -- Interview
10/25: Jude Ouvrard – Guest Post
10/26: Jennifer Garcia – Promo/Excerpt
10/27: R.E. Hargrave – Guest Post
10/28: C.W. Stevens – Promo/Excerpt
10/29: Mich's Book Reviews – Guest Post
10/30: Elizabeth M. Lawrence – Guest Post
10/31: Lily G. Blunt – Guest Post
11/1:  Layne Faire – Guest Post
          Sam – Promo/Excerpt
11/2: The Hive Book Reviews – Review/Promo/Excerpt
11/3: S.A. Jones – Promo/excerpts
11/4: M.C. Rayne -- Review

Fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/K-L-Platt/144866772345643?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment